Since 1982, I've served with the Floyd County Sheriff's Department in every capacity from Patrolman to Sheriff. I have a thorough understanding of the operation of the department as well as the overall needs of our community.
Four years ago I promised to do my best to bring you, and your family, the safest community possible by providing sound law enforcement based education, experience and leadership. Since elected I have accomplished the following:
- Personally overseen the renovation of the our existing jail saving Floyd County taxpayers over $40 million without needlessly building a new facility.
- Added ten additional Police Officers to improve the safety of our streets by increasing the number of patrols and reducing times.
- Created an in-house Fleet Maintenance facility saving taxpayers thousands of dollars.
- Added additional radio towers to Georgetown and Southern Floyd County to enhance radio communications for all first responders.
- Created a regional SWAT team by combining resources from Clark, Floyd, and Harrison counties resulting in saving tens of thousands of dollars and improving the emergency response for the entire region.
- Worked with County Government Officials to secure a livable wage for the employees thus reducing turnover and attracting the most qualified employees possible.
I want to continue improving your Sheriffs Department and ask your support for my re-election campaign.